Wind Energy Direct – Our Services
Wind Energy Direct’s core business model is where we finance, build, own and operate wind turbines via a complete turnkey solution with no capital outlay from our customers.
We also offer the services below to customers who wish to own or part-own the project themselves.
Our main range of services includes:
Before putting any plans in place for a wind turbine, it is important to ensure that it is the right choice for your business or property.
What We’ll Cover
Your site assessment will allow us to establish the following:
- The location & size of your site.
- The best position if any for a turbine to be sited.
- Key constraints such as distance to closest buildings and dwellings
- Wind resource available on your site (desktop data at this stage)
- Any potential planning issues. (Not applicable for greenfield sites).
- The size of wind turbine necessary to supply your industrial electricity needs. (Not applicable for greenfield sites).
Scope of the Feasibility Study
The feasibility study will cover the following topics:
• Estimate the wind regime on-site
• Identify possible turbine locations
• Assess the proximity of the site to other dwellings
• Assess the proximity to buildings, overhead distribution/ transmission lines, etc
• Identify the use of surrounding land
• Identify any environmental designations in the area
• Carry out a preliminary planning assessment
• Assess financial projections
• Look at possible effects on telecommunication service providers
•Carry out a grid connection study
•Carry out an aviation assessment
If the feasibility study is positive, our engineers will begin measuring the on-site wind resource by installing a Wind Mast and will investigate any potential constraints by meeting with the local planners.
The Ideal Industrial Site
• Large site with no dwellings within 500m of the proposed turbine location
• Good wind resource – 6.5m/s or greater @ 60m
• Located in a non-sensitive planning area
• A large 24/7 base load
- Planning Costs
- Grid Costs
- Aviation Mitigation
- Balance of Plant
- Planning Discharge
- CDM (UK) PSDP – PSCS (ROI)
- Financial Close Fees & Tax
- Operating Costs
- Free Cash Flow to Service Debt
- Unlevered Post Tax Nominal IRR
- Turbine and Balance of Plant Contract Negotiation
- Asset management.
We also offer this project management service to 3rd party owned wind farms on industrial and green field sites. Wind Energy Direct has successfully project managed turbine installations on complex manufacturing sites at Munster Joinery, Astellas, DePuy and Janssen.
Construction Of Your Wind Turbine
Wind Energy Direct experience is in providing everything required to get your wind turbine built and operating – from the initial site assessment to engineering, design, procurement, construction and start-up.
Wind Energy Direct engineering team have successfully installed wind generation on brown and greenfield sites. On Brownfield sites Wind Energy Directengineering team understands the process of connecting to the utility grid. It is a fundamental component of any energy system. Successful interconnection requires not only engineering expertise, but an understanding of the complex nature of power generation.
Our engineers will manage all utility and site liaison to ensure a seamless transition with no impact to daily site operations.
As project development progresses, Wind Energy Direct will put in place the contracts necessary to procure the equipment, construct, and operate the project.
Wind Energy Directexperienced team of personnel can perform all phases of project development – taking your wind energy project from a “concept” to a fully-functioning facility.
- Detailed installation report
- Calibration certificates for instrumentation
- Sim card set up for wind data file daily transmission
- Daily monitoring content of wind files checking validity of data from wind masts, battery health check, memory capacity
- Wind mast maintenance
- Quarterly analysis reports- average wind speed at anemometer heights and wind rose.
Yield analysis utilises Wind Energy Direct’s wind models against turbine power curves. For Autoproduction sites we compare 12 month of the customers electrical load profile to model against 12 month of generated wind which calculates wind power consumed onsite vs wind power exported, with associated economics.
As an energy supplier in the all-Ireland SEMO market, Wind Energy Direct also offers ‘supplier lite’ services in Northern Ireland to sub 10MW generators who wish to sell their energy on the Single Electricity Market. We will also manage the FIT/REFIT application and administration process.
Most generators do not wish to have the complexity and overhead of managing a supply company. Wind Energy Direct can deliver this service to our customers where we purchase the output of your generator via a FIT/REFIT Power Purchase Agreement.
TSA (Turbine Supply Agreements) and Service Contract Negotiations.
We have successfully negotiated numerous TSA’s and long term turbine service contracts on behalf of self-financed clients as well as Wind Energy Direct projects. We have established strong working relationships with turbine suppliers and legal bodies which has minimised timelines.
- Candidate Turbine
- Balance of Plant (BOP) Civils and Electrical Requirements
Wind Energy Direct has consulted and represented the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry to meet their requirements for a tender process. On all projects, Wind Energy Direct has a tried and tested tender process inclusive of:
- Consultant/Contractor Selection
- RFQ (Request for Quotation)
- Selection Review Process for Final Award
- Overall Program and Project Managers
- Program Schedule
- Budget Control
- Health & Safety
- UK CDM (Construction Design Management)
- Owners Engineer
- Grid Interface
- Wind Energy Direct’s Build, Own & Operate model is where we finance 100% of the project and sells the electricity to the customer via a fixed price contract.
- Joint Venture where Wind Energy Direct and our Customer share the ownership, cost and benefits of the project.
- The customer owns 100% of the project and Wind Energy Direct project manages the entire process for an agreed fee.
Wind Energy Direct offers a 25 year lease to our green field site customers.
Wind Energy Direct is a wind energy development company with offices in Limerick. Wind Energy Direct specialises in installing wind turbines on our customers industrial and green field sites throughout Ireland.