Wind Energy Direct – Our Background
Founded in 2006 with our main office in Limerick, and our UK offices in Edinburgh and Belfast (trading under the name WED Renewables), Wind Energy Direct is an Irish company with a focus on the Irish and UK Renewable Energy markets. Wind Energy Direct installs wind turbines on the sites of large users. We sell the green electricity produced to the on-site energy user at a long term fixed price via our Finance, Build, Own and Operate model.
Our large energy user customers benefit from price certainty by fixing their energy price for up to 15 years, on-site green wind energy at a significant discount to retail electricity, a reduction in carbon emissions, an improved corporate social responsibility profile and all with no capital outlay. Our model allows our customers to break the link with retail energy price inflation and hedge against future energy price increases.
Our green field site landowners can earn extra income from leasing their properties for 25 years to host wind turbines, while continuing to use the land right up to the base of the turbines.
The Wind Energy Direct Difference
- Sector Knowledge and Expertise
- Wind Energy Direct has analysed many sites to date across Ireland and the UK. We know both the auto-production and green field wind sectors intimately and will carefully assess your site to ensure a wind turbine is the right choice for your business or property.
- Professionalism and Reliability
- Our team has extensive experience in the renewable energy industry, and will ensure that your turbine is custom-designed for your site and situation.
- Financial Strength and Capacity
- WED’s core model is where we finance, build, own and operate wind turbines on our customer’s sites. WED uses a combination of balance sheet funding and debt finance. Finance is in place to build out the WED portfolio.
- Project Delivery
- WED has developed wind projects in the most demanding manufacturing environments such as Munster Joinery, Astellas, DePuy and Janssen.
- Significant Energy Cost Savings for Customers
- We can fix the price of wind energy for up to 15 years. This breaks the link with energy inflation and effectively hedges that portion of your energy that will be provided by the wind turbine.
- Green Field Sites
- Our green field site landowners can earn extra income from leasing their properties for 25 years to host wind turbines, while continuing to use the land right up to the base of the turbines.
Wind Energy Direct is a wind energy development company with offices in Limerick. Wind Energy Direct specialises in installing wind turbines on our customers industrial and green field sites throughout Ireland.